Support and Resources
Chapter Starter Kit
After completing the first quarter of our benchmark program which includes forming your ride schedule for your first year and booking your first two rides, we will be able to provide start-up equipment to a new chapter. (Unfortunately, starter kits are currently not available to chapters that are formed outside of North America.)
Starter kits include:
- 10 helmets
- 5 water bottles with cages
- 5 tubes
- 2 portable first aid kits
- 1 1st edition Blue Book bicycle repair guide
Maintaining Your Chapter
Now that you are actively working with Kids in your community, here are the basic annual requirements to maintain your chapter status:
- Adhere to the Trips for Kids mission statement and follow the guidelines within the Trips for Kids Chapter Handbook in all of your bicycling activities.
- Track and provide your annual youth participation and activities to the Trips for Kids chapter support staff. These statistics support and tell the story of your local efforts, and assist with our nationwide fundraising and branding efforts, that in turn assist your chapter!
- Use the approved Trips for Kids chapter logo and name as provided to you for all your marketing efforts (brochures, website, social media, news media, etc.).
- Lead a minimum of 6 rides/workshop classes/clinics per year.
- Share your successes and best practices with Trips for Kids chapter support staff, so that we can disseminate the information throughout our chapter network and to the world!
Additional Support And Resources
Each chapter will have access to our special Chapter Portal, which contains all sorts of support from downloadable brochures, social media tips, branding guidelines, technical assistance, etc. We can also help with website development and setting your chapter up with a suitable URL. Our Chapter Coordinator is always available to give advice and assistance to chapter leaders.
We provide a myriad of fundraising ideas and outreach templates that have been used with success by other chapters in our network. We also provide material support to our chapters, from new bike parts, accessories and supplies, to mini-grants.
From fundraising and grant tips to event ideas and community outreach, at Trips for Kids we believe in the power of sharing our successes with each other. In addition to the online resources, we also share best practices through our monthly chapter newsletter.
A TEAM EFFORT
Trips for Kids chapters are connected to each other through monthly webinars, newsletters, meetings, an annual retreat, and through ongoing communications such as a private Facebook group page.